I may be late to the game but I have discovered Grilled Romaine this summer and just can't get enough of it! It's so easy, it's healthy and tastes great!
Here's the recipe!
- Romaine heads (1 usually serves 2)
- Olive oil
- Cajun spice mix ( I use 'Slap ya' Mama)
- Slice Romaine heads lengthwise
- Wash and pat dry
- Brush with olive oil on both sides
- Season with spice mix or desired spices
- Grill cut side down until grill marks appear then flip and grill until desired tenderness
I serve mine with homemade balsamic vinaigrette and sprinkle with fat free feta cheese!