Recently I’ve been trying to go Keto… I have always been a relatively healthy eater but do like a sweet treat occasionally! So since starting Keto I’ve looked at as a challenge to not feel deprived and eat tasty things, as much like the original as possible! So I have been trying out recipes and subbing Keto friendly ingredients and really had good luck so far!
So I tried to convert a scone recipe to Keto. Why I chose scones I have no idea since I’ve never made them before. I might as well jump in with both feet I guess😉 Really all I did was sub Keto friendly flour and sugar and they turned out deliciouly!
Here’s the recipe:
Red Raspberry Scones
1 cup Almond Flour
1/4 cup Monk Fruit Sweetener
1 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 cup Cold Butter
1/4 cup Heavy Cream
1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/3 cup of Berries (I used red raspberries)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together dry ingredients (flour, sweetner, baking powder)
- Add the cold butter and cut in with pastry blender until crumbly
- In a separate bowl mix wet ingredients (cream, yogurt, egg, vanilla)
- Combine wet and dry ingredients mix until combined.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet form a round disc shape about 1″ thick
- Cut into wedges and separate slightly
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown
The whole recipe is only about 10 net carbs (may change if other berries are used)
I also created a Keto friendly chocolate sauce to drizzle over them!
1/4 cup Cocoa (I used dark chocolate)
3 tablespoons Monk Fruit Sweetener
Dash of Sea Salt
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon Vanilla
In a saucepan whisk together cocoa, sweetener, salt and water bring to boil over medium heat, simmer for 5-10 minutes until thickened.
Remove from heat and add vanilla.
Let cool and serve
Makes about 2/3 cup of sauce and can be refrigerated in an airtight container.
Whole recipe has 8 net carbs
** if you want a thick dipping sauce you can add 1/4 teaspoon of corn or tapioca starch dissolved in a little cold water to the mixture before boiling. This will add 2 net carbs to the recipe.